Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Renee Sen: She doesn't want me to have it easy

A star kid's Bollywood launch is surrounded by razzmatazz and an aggressive promotional campaign. Which is why it's refreshing to see Renee Sen make her acting debut with Suttabaazi while Sushmita Sen takes a backseat, thus teaching her daughter the importance of making it on her own. Renee says it was a family decision that her actor-mother wouldn't be rallying behind her debut film.

"When she started off as an 18-year-old, she did everything on her own. She doesn't want me to have it easy so that I value everything more. I appreciate that things aren't handed to me on a silver platter. I am privileged enough being her daughter; that would've made me absolutely handicapped," says the debutant actor, the perks of being a star kid not lost on her.

Suttabaazi, which drops on Disney+Hotstar on January 10, sees Renee play a rebellious teenager, navigating lockdown life with her conservative parents. Quiz her on why she opted for a short film instead of a full-length feature, and she reasons, "I am not sure I have enough merit to shoulder a feature film yet. I got this film on my own worth; I auditioned and landed the part. I don't want to take my privilege for granted."

Watch: Suttabaazi Trailer: Sushmita Sen's Daughter Renee Plays Secret Smoker In Her Debut Film

Eager to carve her path, step by step, the youngster, 21, aspires to earn the opportunity to share screen space with her mother. "Acting is much more than just looking good. I want to work hard and not let success go to my head. I have expressed my desire to work with her. I am not ready yet, and want to make that happen on my own some day."

Keep scrolling to read more news

Catch up on all the latest entertainment news and gossip here. Also, download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps.

Mid-Day is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@middayinfomedialtd) and stay updated with the latest news



from Latest news in Mumbai,National news,Mumbai news,Mid-Day epaper,Mid-Day online news paper | Mid-Day https://ift.tt/3bc55BD
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J https://ift.tt/1L8zhvV

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu